“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, January 11, 2007

CATWOMAN_90 minutes


Uh-oh. I missed a post on Wednesday. I feel bad. Here's something:

"You know what I, like, hate? Like, when people, like, instead of, like, pausing and, like, saying nothing before, like, saying whatever they're, like, going to say next? They end up, like, saying some, like, really annoying word, like, in its place? Like, oh...I dunno, like, some word that, like, comes off like an uncontrollable epileptic tick in, like, a conversation and , like, has somehow, like, sneaked its way into our, like, modern lexicon? That's like, really, like, lame, you know?"


I took a break tonight and went to dinner with friends in a crowded restaurant. All the surrounding tables' patrons (at least those with a younger, contemporary roster) spoke in this fashion. It's rekindled my pet peeve. It's my pet peeve redeux. You international folks should be glad you never have to labor through a conversation with a person who can't help themselves from doing this. You guys are, like, so lucky.

11 comments:

Kristina Bustamante said...

For someone who rips at himself for his inability to draw wildlife, you sure draw awesome-looking cats.

And, yes, the habit of saying "like" is very annoying, even though reading that quote you put up is freakin' hilarious.

@$$ said...

Word.
Like, TOTALLY, and stuff... or whatever!
Na'mean?

Jonboy! said...

Ahh yeah! New Hotness Eric I love it!

Chris Sims said...

Actually I used to talk like that and I was conscious of doing so. It annoyed the hell out of me. I finally got over it though. Anyway, beautiful Catwoman and you got to draw some aminals! (Yes I said aminals!)

Sam Nielson said...

Fantastic image. Glad to have you back posting again.

Andy Bayer said...

Seeing you didnt check your your comments from last tiem by the time I posted, I guess I'll just ask you8 now, although irrelevent to this post. I was wondering how you covered the huge areas with ink. Pens take to long for me, and ruin the paper. Any tips for a lame wanna-be artist?

Brian said...

Eric,

Great catwoman, I really, really, LIKE it.

Andy,

I wondered the same thing and mentioned to Mike Oeming at a show in Boston how it must take a long time to fill in the blacks. He just smiled, picked up a paint brush, and said, "No those are easy."

Brian Churilla said...

Fantastic.

Andy Bayer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jspokes said...

These 90 min images are the best part of my morning web surf, do you sell these?

Beautiful work, look forward to seeing more!

weshoyot said...

WOW~! i know this is a rather old blog, but this is one of my very favorite images you've done....and i was watching GARDEN STATE just the other day...which i believe you like took that quote from, ya' know....

i love the way you draw kittie kats!!!!!!!!!!