“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

ACHERON_90 minutes



I don't know what prompted this image - maybe I was vibing off of the colored image I did with a girl in a similar (identical?) dress. Who knows.

I *do* know that I didn't do enough research on the ferry (it should have been a bit more decrepit and seemingly on its last legs or maybe something that actually looks like a ferry?), I should have made the 'souls' in the river a bit more morbid and evil looking, and I should have done a better job on the composition of the image all together.

"Shoulda', coulda', woulda'," as my friend always says. The 90 minute limit is an unrelenting, unforgiving mistress. It also makes for one hell of an excuse when I do a terrible drawing. Whoo-hoo!

**Note: Someone asked if this was going to be a '...daily thing' with me posting one new image a day and such. To that I say, "Yes! It'll be just like before only it's 2007! And sometimes in color even!" But technically, since I've posted about seven some-odd images since the beginning of the year, I'm ahead by a week with this new post, right? Heh. That's just me giving myself an out just in case I'm too lazy to post anything later, man. Thanks for coming back.

9 comments:

Mark said...

Sure, the boat doesn't look too seaworthy, but so what? It's only rock'n'roll. I liked it - looks a bit Simonson-y.

charlieclark said...

oh man if this is a daily thing then I am for sure in this, I mean come on, when are you coming back to comics? When is Titanum cylinder coming back? That skecth book alone was way to much! Oh and what about black velvet, hmm we need a come back!

Joshua James said...

Very Cool Works!!!!

-JtJ

Joshua James said...

Very Cool Works!!!

-JtJ

chamba said...

i can never get around how you can create such fantastic pieces within the 90 minutes of space.

again, one reason why i look up to you as one of the wickedest artists around.

keep 'em comin!

geo said...

it's creasy , very good work

Roc said...

i love this blog

Jonboy! said...

Solid!

reverse_vampyr said...

New reader here. I discovered your work on Cybernary and fell in love with your style instantly! I especially like your angular look and sense of motion you imbue in each drawing. I'm very inspired by you. And it's too cool that you can whip out these illustrations so quickly! Thanks for sharing them with us all.