“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

STREET FIGHTER II_pages 3&4





Right off the top, never take too much stock of a fellow who uses the word 'coz' (instead of 'because') in a professional correspondence. I emphisize *professional* because it's just not something you do if you want to pass yourself off as some company's president and high level muckity-muck. You're trying to make a legitimate point and not come off like a street thug. It should be,

"While we sincerely appreciate your samples, *because* of our current publishing procedures, i.e. - not accepting unsolicited material in either written or illustrated form, we are unable to accomodate your submission at this time. Thank you very much for your fanship and...blah blah blah."

Instead of,

"*Coz* we got sumthin' like this already and coz you know so-and-so..."

[ Note: Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that's what happened with these here samples. I mean, you want to talk about 'unprofessional'...that would be it. The example I've given above *obviously* referes to something that's happened to me in the past - way, way, back in the day. Not for these pages. Because that would just be petty and small and wrong of me. ]

Seriously - people should be aware of the company's brand that they represent when they respond to anyone that's not within their close cirlce of friends. Wow - that's kind of preachy. Sorry about that.

Anyhoo, I've already posted the first two images from this set of pages and now I'm posting the last two...hell, I'll post all four again as I've had nothing new to show lately. I've gotta say that I had a ton of fun doing these pages and I've come to consider this as my first professional colleboration with Jon - and though it may never see publication, it counts for something to me to think I drew pages that he scripted (and scripted very well, I might add). I surely hope the powers that be get back with Jon soon. That'd be awesome COZ Jon's a pretty damn good writer.

I *still* don't think Vega is pretty enough. I guess that means that's #724 in the list of things I still need to learn how to draw - pretty boys.

8 comments:

Dean Trippe said...

killer stuff, dude.

Jon Tsuei said...

I think this is just he tip of the iceberg for you and me Eric. Someone will published us COZ they're going to realize how awesome of a team we make.

Robert Douglas said...

Wow - these pages are awesome. As is the re-imagining of Teen Titans...

Chris Sims said...

SHOWOFF!

ButterfishManiac said...

Yeah what he said!!!

monsanto said...

Wow! Very slick and dynamic!!!

Galing!!!

Rob Guillory said...

Incredible stuff! Love the kinetic feel of your work!

Meesimo said...

These pages are beautiful, 'coz of the kinetic energy contained and unleashed simultaneously. 'coz of the sensitive variance of line weight, and 'coz of the fluid storytelling.
'cheers,