“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

DELIRIUM_update


Earlier this year, at the APE convention in SF, a guy comes up to the BVS table and asks if I could contribute to his 'Sandman and The Endless' themed sketchbook. I was more than happy to of course, until I saw who he had in that awesome collection of his. Man, I can't even begin to list the amazing people he's gotten to draw a character from that Vertigo series (and he said he's got volumes of this stuff from other sketchbooks he's filled already - that's NUTS!), but here's one thing that's for sure: I didn't belong with those guys. I mean, this book was insane! But the fella' did ask nicely and I had already flipped though the pages so I drew something anyway. I still owe you a better image, Ryan - sorry, brother.

Here's a small, little ditty I did for Ryan's other sketchbook at SDCC - Dream's kooky little sister, Delirium. I think I've already posted the image of 'Destiny' I did for Ryan and there ain't no way that I'm going to relive that shame. So if ya'll wanna see it, scroll down or rummage though archives. Ugh...I feel ill just thinking about the coolness that is that sketchbook.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I like the fish. Reminds me of The Little Mermaid...on 2 disc platinum edition disney dvd available now!

sarah said...

This is a great version of Delirium. I love that she's sitting on a fish.

Always so much fun to check out your blog :)

-Sarah

Wandingo said...

This is the second amazing fish drawing I saw today. Makes me want to draw some fish.
It'd make me cry and very grateful if you can do a visitor pinup for me....

Kevin Dalton said...

i agree the fish are lovely man

keep on updating! inspiration on the go-go.

Federico Bertolucci said...

I love this style of the ink!