“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, September 07, 2006

STREET FIGHTER II_samples


Here are two sample pages from a four page script written by my good friend Jonathan Tsuei. Jon is a young, aspiring writer who wants to write comic books for a living. Yeah, he's a kooky kid. He and I are going to try to 'break in' together - him as a writer and me as an artist. It'll be a gas.

Okay, the pretty fella' on these pages is supposed to be 'Vega' from Street Fighter II. Yes. I *know* he doesn't look like Vega - jeezus. I didn't say this whole breaking in thing was going to be easy. The big galoot he's fighting is inspired by 'Bane' from the old Batman: The Animated series. I couldn't come up with a cool looking bad guy so I just used him.

Okay, that's all for now. More tomorrow.

11 comments:

Eisu said...

wow, this looks awesome... is this part of the Udon Street Fighter line or something you and Jonathan came up with on the fly for the breaking in part?

Love the angles you used in the fight.

Azaceta said...

I love the way you're "breakin' in" You've already done great work and the big two are just too stupid if they dont jump on you and sign you to one of those lifetime blood and soul contracts.

Great stuff on here and great meeting you in Chicago!

P.

Lauren said...

Thanks for stealing my thunder. That's right, criticize the whole thing yourself so when I say it it's just redundant. Way to take all the fun out of it. Hell, I'm gonna say it anyway! Vega's ugly and you totally ripped off Bane! So there!

Chris Sims said...

Great pages and great angles and great dynamics and, yeah, ummm, everything is great! Totally inspiring!

Mark said...

Very dynamic second page. Groovy.

ButterfishManiac said...

Whoah, nice action there, I am also jealous of how well the page is laid.

Jon Tsuei said...

This definitely has something to do with the Udon book. We're going to try to get this published as a backup story in one of the Street Fighter books, we'll see how that turns out.

But this isn't the last you'll see of a Tsuei/Canete collaboration. We have a few more tricks up our sleeves.

However, this is the first time anyone has visualized one of my stories and I couldn't be happier about the way they turned out.

ed said...

man, vega's kicking his ass. I think he looks cool. =P

Debs said...

Not just cool. Freakin' cool.

also the tied up girl in front of him's a little kinky. but you didn't hear that from me.

St3! said...

Hi man!
Your job, as always, it's GREAT!

What about the France Market!? Actually, the new trend of France comic books, can bring you tons of jobs thanxs to your style...

Write me here, if you want to speack about

viragouriel@gmail.com

Viktor Kalvachev said...

Awesome stuff, Eric! I just went through all your uploads today - speachless!