“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Sunday, September 17, 2006

FROM THE LOOKING GLASS_90 minutes

I never loved nobody fully
Always one foot on the ground
And by protecting my heart truly
I got lost in the sounds
I hear in my mind
All these voices
I hear in my mind all these words
I hear in my mind all this music

And it breaks my heart
And it breaks my heart
And it breaks my heart
It breaks my heart

9 comments:

Chris Sims said...

Wow, beautiful illustration Eric. I love the compostion and it seems like a scene from a story. Great work!

Joshua Middleton said...

Eric, you are a beautiful madman.

J

Ink Blatt said...

Great illustration as well as song, too. Just picked Regina up for the wife last week and she's loving the hell outta Ms. Spektor's stuff.

skottie young said...

I'm a junky for odd things. like this piece. it's fantastic as a whole, but something about those hands make me want to beat the shit out of someone...that's how much i like them. It's like listening to a great Pantera song, you get so drunk off of the music that you want to, as Gabe Middleton so poeticly put it, "Go to Wal-mart and buy a shotgun!" Seriouslyl, those hands are great. You know you've hit something just right when the hands themselves look to be alive and breathing. Very accomplished!

s.

Pipocalavera said...

just for curiosity....why the man's hands are four fingered and she have five?

Don't mind..just inspired.

potato farm girl said...

I LOVE THAT SONG! Regina Spektor is the bees knees, and I love how the mad hatter type guy is framing "alice". Lovely!!

Miras said...

Oh MAn! You really seem to be a DrawingMachine Man! Great works here, great works.

skottie young said...

the fingers in the foreground are the rabbits, there for only 3 fingers.

ed said...

Regina is awersssomme. so is this. and the Audrey. and The Forsaken... and.. well, yeh.