“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, September 14, 2006

ELIZA DOOLITTLE_90 minutes

When Audrey Hepburn walks down the stairs, dressed for the Embassy Ball, right before the break for intermission? Ugh...kills me. Every. Time.

10 comments:

Lauren said...

Is that because you're gay?

Jon Tsuei said...

Dang Lauren, where's the love?

Anonymous said...

Audrey...Hepburn...Beauty personified... WAIT A MINUTE!! No superhero jokes to riff off! My riffing powers have been neutralized! I'm meltinggggg.... But like all self-respecting supervillains, I, Dr. Reefer, I mean, Dr. Riffer, never really die. I shall return (preferably in the most contrived, improbable manner possible). Great art though, cool Loisel, etc.. vibe... Jack Davis... (which is meant to be complementary as I feel JD is to cartoonists what Godzilla is to lizards...) I forgot I was supposed to be dying....AAAARRRGHHHHH!!!!!

Lauren said...

Or is it because you're actually a woman?

Anonymous said...

Lay off He just likes old ladies.












j/k she was beautiful in this film and your art is excellent.

Alden V said...

beautiful lineart and inking!!!

BKO said...

I love your work,period! The fact your doing non dudes in tights .. is ... awesome!! Yeah they're musicals, but hey, that's cool, although I draw the line at Oklahoma!

Jon Tsuei said...

Lauren, put down the hater-ade. Have some "We Love Canete" drink instead. It's Green!

Guy Mann said...

Very lovely. Now if you can only work on your scanning.

chris chua said...

beautiful drawing and linework. Love the take on Eliza with the comic book look.