“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

WIZARD WORLD: CHICAGO_commissions








What a wonderful show! The trip started out ominous enough with our flight being cancelled, missing our check-in time, trouble at the X-ray screening and totally getting trapped on the train while we were in town, but everything turned out smelling like roses thereafter. I had a blast.

Part of the fun was that people were kind enough to ask me to draw for them. Here are some (not all - I didn't get a chance to take photos of the the other two images I did, so if you happen to be one of the people who I did commissions for please send along a nice scan - I'd certainly appreicate it) of the commisions I did while I was in town. I had no scanner, so I had to take photographs of them as the next, best alternative.

What really made the show an enjoyable experience was the company; hanging out with Dustin, Joe and Marty, and Mark had made the show one of the most memorable ones for me in a long, long time. Thanks for the laughs you crazy kids. I also wanted to thank anyone and everyone I met that worked for the Wizard World staff for accomodating us - you guys are top notch.

I'll get into more details about the amazing folks I met while I was there at a later post. For now here are those commissions. Enjoy.

11 comments:

tobbe said...

Very nice illustrations!
What do you use to ink them with? Do you sketch them up with a pencil first?
Very nice indeed

Joe said...

Incredible designs, awesome line, and cool compositions. You have an amazing blog.

warren said...

Pffft. If I'da read this sooner, I'da been there getting one of these sweet deals! Dammit.

ps nice stuff - again!

Lauren said...

Where's the god-damn eagle bird!

Jon Tsuei said...

The second one featuring the three ladies is my favorite. Rocking it out as always man, next time pack your laptop and scanner, haha.

Chris Sims said...

It was nice to finally meet you bro! I would've been one to get a comission but I was on;ly up there for a shoort time. Maybe next time.

Oh yeah, how can I get one of those Fusion:Junction Sketchbooks?

skottie young said...

inspiring as always. I'm going to have to throw you some loot for a Steampunk commission one day. I have a collection going from all my artist friends, and it would be amazing to have one from you as well. Keep up the amazing work.

Jamie Baker said...

they are all my favourite.

MELLON said...

it was nice to meet you at chicago, you were nice as hell, and thanks for the sketchbook, it's great.

-kevin

Joe Dodd said...

eric... man, i can't being to tell you how much fun i had in chi-town. thanks so much for the sketchbook and the laughs. it was a blessing getting to know you.

-joe

roque said...

These are so SICK. You've successfully made all those characters my favorite. Amazingly dynamic.