“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

VAMPIRELLA & BATMAN_90 minutes

I have no idea why I did these two together. Because one likes to drink blood and the other... likes to beat up on 'Bloods'?... and 'Crips'? Jeezus. Do Bloods and Crips even exist anymore? I have no idea. All I know is what Ice Cube's character 'Doughboy' told me in the movie Boyz In The Hood:

"Foo'... you don't go to college to be talkin' to no bitches. Your black ass 'posed to be learnin' somethin'. Can't learn shit talkin' to no stupid ass bitch."

And, "This shit goes on and on, you know? Either they don't know; don't show; or care about what's going on in the hood."

Like I said, I seriously have no idea.

5 comments:

Donal said...

I love the foreshortening on Vampirella.

Any chance you might post some of your old samples from your old AOL site?

Kevin Dalton said...

sick picture as always, i gotta order the beauty and the beast book online since i never made it back to ur bootht to pick one up.

keep up the ill work.

p.s and blood and crips still do exist ;) so dont go wearing your colors in the wrong neighborhood.

roque said...

I know, I know... It's because ol' Bats is a MAN, and Vampy is a WO-MAN. Eh? EH?

Alden V said...

I love your lineart.

The Big Red One said...

I can't believe you can quote that much dialogue from "Boyz In The Hood".