“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

MODIGLIANI_90 minutes

Birds flying high, you know how I feel. Sun in the sky, you know how I feel. Breeze driftin on by, you know how I feel. It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me, and Im feeling good.

Fish in the sea you know how I feel. River running free, you know how I feel. Blossom on the tree, you know how I feel. It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me, and Im feeling good.

Dragonfly out in the sun, you know what I mean. Butterflies all havin fun, you know what I mean. Sleep in peace when day is done, thats what I mean. And this old world is a new world and a bold world for me.

Stars when you shine, you know how I feel. Scent of the pine, you know how I feel. Freedom is mine and I know how I feel. It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me, and Im feeling good.

4 comments:

Jon Tsuei said...

Sweet pic Eric. I was curious if that image in the background was photoshopped in so I did a little Google searching and found the original.

I can't believe you redrew the painting! The redrawn piece looks like a painting too. You're just a little bit insane my friend.

Keep the awesome art coming!

Big Tof ! said...

Wow !
I ve discovered your blog a few hours ago... And I m totaly... I don't know...
Your art is fantastic ! It 's been a long time that I didn't have that kind of artistic choc !
(By the way sorry for my english ... I m french...)
Really, I like your stuff ! you got the "thing" to make goods illustrations, and the same for your pages !

I guess I ll be back on this blog everyday ! You have a new fan !
(still sorry for my bad english !)

SedatOezgen said...

Hey there,
your artwork is really awesome and inspirational at the same time.
My buddy Travel gave me the link to your blog, and I have immeadietly have become a admirer of your stuff. Although I usually am in absolute different art, I have to say I enjoy your artwork very very much. It inspires me to draw more and more.

I really love the new picture, especially how you compined the black and white with the colours of the picture inside the picture.
All the best,
Sedat

Alan Cichela said...

I taste very of Modigliani. That you have a well next trace? Very good.

Cara você está desenhando muito!

Falou!

Abraço!