“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Sunday, August 20, 2006

LITERAL CYCLOPS_commission




At the WW:C 2006 I ran into fellow pro and after a bit of chit-chat he kindly asks for a commission (which surprises the hell out me), then leaves it to me what character I would draw. I explain that it would be much easier if he would just tell me what he might have in mind. Giving it a moment and an "Uuummm..." he asks, "Well, who's your favorite character?"

"Cyclops, old-school outfit." I replied, but privately I thought, "Uh-oh."

"Cool! Then hook me up with an awesome Cyclops!" he said.

"Okay." I said. Though in my head I thought, "Man...I don't wanna draw Cylcops again."
So if you're reading this, man, I hope you've got a good chin for jokes. I *did* draw a Cyclops, so I didn't take your money and lie to you. Hee! Bah, I'll still draw you a picture of Slim - this one was for just laughs. Haha!

You know what else is funny? 'Though' and 'thought' (even 'through' for that matter) are almost the same word with only one letter off, yet they're pronounced very differently - HAHAHAH!... Hoho...hee....oh, all right - I'll give you your money back.

8 comments:

Mark said...

Nice arse/flares combo, too.

Chris Sims said...

Hell, if he doesn't want it I'll take it off your hands.

Mark Behm said...

Amazing as usual. Such fun lines.

Lauren said...

It says you posted this at 9:30 am, which for you is about lunch time. So, unless you were drunk when you wrote this, there is no real excuse for the terrible jokes.

potato farm girl said...

LOLZZZZ!!111
Draw Cyclops fighting Cyclops. That would be cool!! (I like the skull necklace!)

David Malan said...

Great drawings, I really dig the line work.

CosmicPencil said...

You know, Eric, I am going to have to try these 90 minute drawings at some point. I don't know if they'll attain the same level you keep on putting out, but it's always worth the try, right?

Enjoying peeking in at your blogsite at least twice a week!
And it was terrific to meet you at SDCC.

matt

trialsze said...

This is just hot bro. You got mad skills mad. I envy your work.