“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Sunday, July 02, 2006

THE MAIN MAN_90 minutes

Anime Expo is in town this Independence Day weekend and I had the opportunity to attend yesterday. It was a fine time. I took no pictures, though I should have because the 'cosplay' was in full swing - at day one, no less! I was being stupid and critical and asked my friend how fanatical someone has to be to come dressed up as an anime character or whatever. He answered with something sobering, "Dude, in about three weeks, you and I and a crowd twenty times bigger than this are going to flock to a convention center in San Diego and celebrate our version of pop culture. It's like the pot calling the kettle black."

I told him to shut up. Have a safe and happy 4th of July, folks.

3 comments:

CosmicPencil said...

A bit scrawnier than the Lobo I am used to...but any Lobo art is good in my book.

matt

Reverse said...

This image of Lobo reminds me of Space Ace for some reason (Borf). Non-the-less, I love it.

Enre in the Wingwing Shadow said...

Washuuuuuuuuuup! Long time no hear! Been busy and I am still alive and still drawring for this Dragon Lance movie animation crap bs. I just browsed all the new stuff you did in this blogg thing. According to my observation on these new materials, my first impression was you work for animation and you are comfortable. Compare to the older stuff, I can feel that you are struggling and really pushing the envelope for something new. I know how it is to struggle as an artist...Anyways, good luck and I wish I can go to San Diego Comic Convention so I can see you in person. Hopefully we can touch base someday or just harass you through this bloggablagagoog.

P.S I still have your old stuff in Jim Lee style! Hahaha, can I ebay this stuff? Joke : )