“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

MACARONI & CHEESE CASSEROLE_30 minutes

Baked macaroni and cheese with cheddar cheese and eggs, along with milk and butter.

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
paprika, for the top

PREPARATION:
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
Cook macaroni in boiling salted water, following package directions. Drain well; return to pot. Add butter and stir until melted. Add 2 cups of the shredded cheese.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with the milk.

Add the milk mixture to the macaroni. Stir until well combined. Spoon into the greased pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and browned and casserole is cooked through.
Serves 4 to 6.

7 comments:

Chris Sims said...

Did you draw this AND prepare the dish at the same time? If so you are AMAZING!

Jon Tsuei said...

I think he drew it with a piece of cheese Chris. Damn that Eric and his cheese doodles.

ed said...

omg the symbolism. It's so deep. I think.

potato farm girl said...

Best macaroni recipe evah!

Mark said...

HOLY FLIRKING SHNIT!!!! I cant believe Ive gone this long without finding your blog. Dude, I am a huge fan of your work. So often I say to myself, "I wish this artist had a blog", and every once in a while, God answers my prayers.

Dont expect any constructive criticism from me as I will most likely end up just kissing your ass, as I have just done.

Julia said...

animal products and the deep well of meaning. only an appreciator of manfaye can pull this off

Enre in the Wingwing Shadow said...

Washuuuuuuuuuup! Long time no hear! Been busy and I am still alive and still drawring for this Dragon Lance movie animation crap bs. I just browsed all the new stuff you did in this blogg thing. According to my observation on these new materials, my first impression was you work for animation and you are comfortable. Compare to the older stuff, I can feel that you are struggling and really pushing the envelope for something new. I know how it is to struggle as an artist...Anyways, good luck and I wish I can go to San Diego Comic Convention so I can see you in person. Hopefully we can touch base someday or just harass you through this bloggablagagoog.

P.S I still have your old stuff in Jim Lee style! Hahaha, can I ebay this stuff? Joke : )