“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, July 31, 2006

HARPY_90 minutes

Typically there are more than one of these monsters in the mythology that they originate from - but I only had the energy to draw one. That convention in San Diego wiped me out, I tell yah. It'll be business as usual soon and the frequency in which I post will pick up again. One more show and that'll be it for the year.

Speaking of which: I will be at Wizard World: Chicago with Dustin Nguyen (no, not the fella from '21 Jumpstreet') - the talent that brought you 'The Authority' and currently on his creator-owned book called 'Manifest Eternity'. I'll be there selling an artbook called 'Fusion:Junction' and if you can't make it to the show, you may order directly from here. Also, I'll have the 'Beauty and the Beast' sketchbook available - a book that has both my art and the art of super-talented storyboard artist/director Lauren Montgomery (and no, not the adult film actress). Or order the book online here. Hey! lookit that - two people who have two *other* people named after them! Neat.

BTW, you folks should look at Lauren's blog and ask her nicely to put up more of her sketches. The key word being 'nicely'. She's a mean lady, but you may catch her on a good day and she'll accomodate you. More later. Pictures from the show(s) maybe.

4 comments:

Mat said...

Wonderful art Eric, congratulations. After the medusa, the harpy was a good idea!

Anonymous said...

Dude, I LOVE your stuff. So much i'm gonna use 2 words, BIGGER JPGS. I want to feel more love bro!

Bought all your cybernary comics back in the day, then you disappeared, but now I have your blog weeeeeeeeeee.

U rock, keep rockin'.

c

Chris Sims said...

Not only do I get to harrass you on the net but I get to harrass you in Chicago too. Happy, happy, joy, joy!!!

Mark said...

I would have bought the book anyway, but then I followed the link and saw Josh Middleton was in it, too! SOLD!