“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

WILDSTORM_90 minutes

Whoo-hoo! Two images today! I wonder if I was busy at work? Hmmmmm.....

During a recent visit to Wildstorm, I was reminded of a painted image I did way back for an 'image of the week' featured on their website. Brought back memories. So, I found an extremely poor color copy of it and realized how stiff and posed out everyone was. I thought, "Well, I can certainly do better than that now, yeah?"

And here it is - no paint though. That'd take too much effort. From left to right: Voodoo, Zealot, Ladytron, Cybernary. Makes me laugh to think the photographer told Zealot to stand in the back coz she's the only one with white hair. And there's absolutely no room for an 'S' in the 'Las' for the Las Vegas sign back there. That's just poor planning.

7 comments:

Jon Tsuei said...

Sweet, I always thought your Ladytron rocked. I'm digging the two guns and her t-shirt. If I looked that good in a tube top, I'd wear one too...I think thats too much information. I also like how Zealot is very slim and ninja-esque. Viva 'La Vegas' I always say!

Chris Sims said...

Amazing work homie! There's so much life in this illo, the poses, expressions and everything is topnotch as always. Keep grinding bro!

Henry Elmo Bawden said...

It looks great. It is a real inspiration to those of us starting out to be able to see this caliber of work. And these are just your warm ups. WOW! Good job.

-Henry

Antonio Santamaria said...

Fabulous... Your style is a fountain of inspiration. The previous post with Iron Man and Captain America is amazing. Mighty one!
Saludos from Spain!

HartCactus said...

Boooo-Yaaaaaaaa! Another home run!

Julia said...

o goddamn this is pretty tight, are voodoo and zealot also from comics named after them?

Nexxorcist said...

hotness.