“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, June 15, 2006

FATHER'S DAY_90 minutes

Three days early, but it's the thought that counts. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. Boo-yah!

4 comments:

Chris Sims said...

WOW!

Antonio Santamaria said...

Wonderful... Great Composition and attitudes! About the style and ink I have just not words ;)

Saludos!

Nicky Fingaz said...

Hey man, I dig your site and art. I been collecting whatever I can find of your stuff. I have Cybernary & Majestic stuff & I was wondering where you had gone (besides doing covers). Lesean Thomas showed me this site & I appreciate it. And although you may be underappreciated, I'll buy your shit. Nice work, man.

Henry Elmo Bawden said...

Hello again,

I am still really enjoying everything you are doing. I did have a question though. I have been going mad trying to work on anatomy. I have been doing steady life drawing for three years. And off and on before that for a few years. I still have a long way to go. Anyways,I have noticed a lot that you take a lot of liberty in your anatomy. Bending arms, caricature muscles and shapes, etc... How is it usually received? How do you pull it off? Any time I try and break away from the life drawing anatomy and add a little spunk or caricature the body a little, I get bad reviews and people tell me that I need to work on my anatomy. Like the arm on Flash here has a nice bend. But if I do that I have people tell me that I need the bend at the elbow but the forearm should be more straight. Do you get flak? I am just a new artist trying to figure out how to succesfully pull off the exageration of anatomy. (I am also still working at trying to fully understand it.) Any feedback or advice would be helpful. Thanks.

-Henry