“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

CIVIL WAR_90 minutes

Okay, okay - more like 45 minutes. I couldn't think of a background so I left it as is. Sometimes I think of something cool and I go back and put it in later. But for now this one's done. Anyway, this is the current 'big event' that's going on in the Marvel U right now, called 'Civil War'; members of the Avengers are morally/ethically divided by a proposed federal mandate requiring all superbeings to register with a government agency and the inevitable duking out of your favorite heroes is upcoming. Let's hope the storyline pays off.

Oh, and I don't know whether or not that Iron Man outfit is accurate. Reference-shmeference, I say.

2 comments:

Jonboy! said...

Gahh Eric I wish I could draw like you!! Great piece mang!

HartCactus said...

Love the illo...hate the Civil War Storyline!

And I think Iron Man looks very cool Eric.

-h