“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Saturday, June 17, 2006

CANARY_90 minutes

I've recognized (and been told by a couple of people) that there are no backgrounds in most of these images. At first that bothered me because I pride myself in doing those, and at one point I told myself that I'd start doing backgrounds from here on down. Then I realized that's just going to cut into the ticking clock that is my 90 minute deadline so I decided to abandon that idea. "Fo'get that noise, dawg!", as the kids say.

You want backgrounds, go to my buddy Hakjoon Kang's blog: be4be4.blogspot.com. Scroll down the page and get an eyeful of his background goodness. He's a rockstar.

11 comments:

Henry Elmo Bawden said...

Nice biker chick. Looks good. Even without the backgrounds. Keep up the good work.

-Henry

Augie said...

Backgrounds? You don' need no stinking backgrounds. People that are familiar with your work should already know that you bring funk HARD with your backgrounds. Screw 'em. I hope these sketches are going to be compiled in a book for San Diego. The 90 minute sketchbook. You have one pre sale right here dude!

Jon Tsuei said...

Hot chicks and hot rides, how can you go wrong? Canary rocks!

AndrePoulain said...

wow this is awesome, i'm new here XD i founded you in the lesean thomas forums, really great art, so much time i don't find a big inspiration like this! what format of paper you use?

Julia said...

hay the motorcycle is sorta like a background sorta kinda maybe? :D

warren said...

HOly crap! And you don't stop, you don't stop, you don't stop...

werd nerd. Exciting, dropping by your blog after, like, a month! Sheesh, I gotta quit my job or something. Your stuff is looking wicked as always!

MELLON said...

eric, you're effin' killin' me with all these sketches... you gotta make a sketchbook the rest of us can buy (and make it available online for those of us that ain't makin' the dough to get out to SD).

shmeriously, GOOD FREAKIN' WORK you got going on here, still amped on those pages you posted from the book you're doing in your spare time...

-Kevin

Jayenti Collins said...

holy hell! boy am i glad i stumbled on your blog! i have you bookmarked because you are amazing!! and in 90 minutes?! i too would buy a 90 minute sketchbook if you did one. wonderful work!

Sam Nielson said...

Really like your stuff. Thanks for the inspiration!

Chris Battle said...

Don't mess with that girl.

Great stuff, as always!

Steve said...

Christ you are one freakin' talented bastard... I mean that in the most complementary and so jealouseof your skills way possible...

Thanks to Sam for the link =]

Dido on the sketchbook...