“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

WONDERLAND_90 minutes


Same as before - 90 minutes for the B&W, a little bit longer for the colored version. I kept it monochromatic so I can wrap my head around how to color it. My coloring skills aren't developed enough so anything I can do to make it easier on myself really helps.

9 comments:

Julia said...

well your black and white skills certainly more than compensate for any underdevelopment in terms of color. imho mr canete sir!

Jon Tsuei said...

Wow man. This piece is definitely one of my favorites out of your 90 min series. Your renditions of the rabbit and the chesire cat are genius.

HartCactus said...

Me Like!

Todd Kauffman said...

the colors work great

Donal said...

The amount of detail is amazing. Did you design these on the fly, too?

BKO said...

meow! Awesome! You really captured the feeling of a world back there! I Love this piece!!!

ed said...

this is magical. I always loved the Alice sequence from your Majestic stuff

Nexxorcist said...

so this is where your new artwork is. definitely some well needed inspiration man. thanks.

hope all is well

don don-tei said...

SMASHING! he looks like catbus from totoro! :)