“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, May 08, 2006

FOOD POISON_90 minutes







Saturday night, shrimp enchiladas at a Mexican food place, and three hours of body contractions and god-knows-what coming out of my stomach 'til 2AM. Man, I never want to go through that again.

Okay, so here's one of them pain in the ass reference images. I thought I knew 'Judge Dredd' - I mean, I saw the Stallone movie (the shame!), but man, was I ever wrong. So I took 30 some-odd minutes just to look up images of him drawn by different artists. From Bolland, to Bisley, to you name it...and I still coudln't find ref for the boots. Whatever. So the blue pencil version is what it looked like at the end of my 90 minute session from about three weeks ago and the inked version is what I did today in between trying keep food down since the incident. It took about 25 minutes.

Oh, and I didn't leave room for that gun again.

7 comments:

ed said...

aww, that sucks - hope you're feeling better. Dredd kicks @.$.$. It's like Eric Canete foot-facing mexican shrimp poisoning. That's what.

Augie said...

Man, it doesn't seem like I checked your blog that long ago. You're posting loke a madaman! Lot's of cool new stuff. Love that Dredd. Funky.

Chris Sims said...

Food poisoning SUCKS!!! I thought I was gonna die when it happened to me.

Dredd looks wicked though. I'm feeling your exaggerated take on him.

Jon Tsuei said...

I think Ed is on to something. I want to see a 90min of Eric vs. a giant shrimp wearing a sombrero!

warren said...

Wowee. Your stuff is so rad! I said 'rad', yeah. What?

Kahnehteh is kinetic. Get that king prawn!

KAHNEHTEH said...

ed - dood, i'm paranoid as hell of seafood all of a sudden. when i went to lunch yesterday i was going to order something fish-y, then flashbacks came at me like a montage from a david fincher movie. i ordered chicken.

augie - thanks for checking back, man. i'm not posting as much a i want to, but it's all i can do, you know?

chris - thanks man! tho' i dont know if dredd kicks as much ass as he could coz his gun's missing a nozzle.

jon - me kickin' the hell out of a sombrero wearin', mercury poison holsterin', bacteria covered shrimp bandito?! let's see what i'll have time for today! hmmm....

warren - 'rad' works. so does 'tubular'. as in, "the blog cartoons you got on your website are tubular, brother. totally tubular."

Thomas Perkins said...

WOW! I really dig your work! keep it up.