“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Friday, May 05, 2006

CROFT_90 minutes


This woman must pay a fortune in chiropractic back adjustments.

The B&W took 90 minutes, the color version took longer. I plugged it into Painter IX and I guess until I get a better/faster computer where the lag isn't as obvious, I'm going to be using PS/CS in the forseeable future. But I haven't given up on it all together - I just wanted to get this image colored and I didn't have the time to experiment. Enjoy.

5 comments:

Walter Gatus said...

Eric, sweetness man. I've been wanting to use painter, but I have the same problem. I'm not sure if it's your comp though, it just seems to be a heavy program.

Very inspiring work bro.

Walter

Walter Gatus said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julia said...

haha truth! what is with video game and cartoon leading ladys having disproportionate proportions!? doesn't it make things harder to animate too!?!? o what we do for the $$$.

i think i must be the only person who is too much of a wus to play this game because it totally scares me every time like a DOG attacks.

don don-tei said...

Every 90 minutes, your artwork takes my breath away. Whew! :)

Hans said...

Great stuff! 90 mins!!! That's pretty amazing:)