“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

BROADS_90 minutes


Okay, so I had 'Forrest Gump' looping all day and I don't know how much fun it would be to draw 90 minutes worth of "Life is like a box of chocolates...", so I decided to draw three women instead. My goal was to try and give them varying features - you know, don't just give them different hair styles/color and think that's enough to give them personality.

I threw Mr. Miracle behind Barda because at one point it just got way too cheesecake. More tomorrow.

10 comments:

Kevin Dalton said...

im feeling the white queen alot. love how you did her hair, has a sorta art nouveau look to it.

i need to ink like you and ed

Jon Tsuei said...

Fun pieces Eric. Much props trying to draw each lady differently, I think you pulled that off both in features and body language.

Question, what is Kitty sitting on?

Chris Sims said...

You're really raisng the bar, bro! I gotta step my game up immediately. Thanks for giving me that drive to keep pushing!

Jason C said...

These look great.. as does the rest of your work on your blog.. great idea with the 90 min daily drawings.. something I must try.. Keep up the great work!

Guy Mann said...

These are excellent sketches. Larger scans, please. It's hard to check out the detail.

marco's blog said...

Great pieces, i really like the curved line your using on your arms/legs, really adds to the softness of the ladies!!

BKO said...

Eric no such thing as too cheesecaake. Once again you prove how versatile you are. More and bigger please!!!!

Antonio Santamaria said...

Fantastic! Great 90 minutes!!! I like very much your mighty style... the first sketch (Barda's one) is my favourite including the pose of Mr.Miracle!!! The other two are also amazing... Your style...your line... your wonderful INK!!! I'm waiting for the next!!! I add your blog to my links, ok?
Congrats!

Marcelo Vignali said...

Shexy!

Augie said...

Dude! I can't keep up with you. I turn around for a sec and your blog is full of kick ass art. Nice designs of the X-ladies. Love that Alice and Wonderland piece. great colors man. I'll be back for more X-woman for sure!