“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Saturday, April 22, 2006

TITANIUM_CYLINDER







These images are from a sketchbook we put out a couple of years back. I'm uploading it now because it directly relates to what's on my drafting table and (as mentioned a couple of posts previous) I'm trying to stay on task regarding studio matters. At lunch, Brandon Vietti suggested that I should post the progress images of the pages as I work on them - maybe from pencil to ink, a panel or two from the sequential pages, and so on. It'll allow me to put stuff up on this blog and get work done. That made sense to me. Brandon's really smart - that's why they let him direct and pay him the big director money.

So these images are sort of a primer - helping to set up for what I'm going to post later. The designs are older (but in some way, shape, or form I still use them) and some of the characters aren't featured in the first chapter of the graphic novel I'm working on, but they certainly help visualize the theme of the world and that's why they're included. Okay, more to come later.

7 comments:

bong abad said...

hey kabayan,
cool stuff.very inspiring.

bong

Jon Tsuei said...

I'm really liking the image of the face behind the bamboo shoots and the one with the birds flying from the field of grass. Can't wait to see the finished pieces.

warren said...

Looking forward to the posts. Process stuff is nice to see.

Askinstoo said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

warren said...

Ohboyobyoboy! MO' MONEY, MO' MONEY,
MO' MONEY!

potato farm girl said...

Your blog is the coolest! I am not good with words! BLAH!!

Nima Sorat said...

Eric your work is amazing.