“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

SKETCHBOOK 2006_update




It's convention season again! Awesome. I love convention season. And because of that, I realized that I'm going to be trying to focus all of my attention on stuff related to convention matters (sketchbooks, table banners and backdrops, promo art, etc.). That'll suck if I can't do any more of these 90 minute sketches, but it's been suggested to me that if I take those same 90 minutes and 'warm up' on material related to the studio then maybe I'll actually have stuff ready in time instead of paying extra for rush jobs from the printers. Buzz kill.

Anyway, here's a small blurb for the Black Velvet crew (well, for me really, but I'm with them, so...) - it's a sketchbook full of women. Why women? Buy the book, my introduction's all about the reasons why. It's called 'Beauty and the Beast', 64 pages, B&W and I share half the art chores with the incredible Lauren Montgomery - who was nice enough to help me out in trying to figure out women. At least the cartoon versions of them anyway. She's an amazing artist who blushes at the spotlight but since she doesn't read this blog, I can say what I want. Um...lessee...incredible...amazing...yeah. Well, that's pretty much it.

Here's the cover image along with images of Lauren's work. It'll be ready in about a month or so. I'll update on the actual day it's ready for purchase (I'm such a whore).

3 comments:

Jon Tsuei said...

The cover looks great Eric, and so does Lauren's work. I can't wait to pick one of these up in San Diego.

don don-tei said...

I have two words for your schtuff: AWESOME and MYSTICAL. :)

Kelsey said...

Great stuff man. Kind of makes me sick to my stomache a little. Means I have to work harder.
Well, back to the drawing board.