“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, April 13, 2006

PUNISHER_90 minutes

I don't know what's more ridiculous: the fact that he's got a big skull on his chest or bright white boots.

If you answered 'white boots' then you got it right! They pretty much kick the Punisher costume's lame quotient up a couple of notches and that's why I didn't do them on this image. Well, that, and the fact that I composed this image on the landscape side of the paper. Basically, bad planning on my part - so, that kicks my lame quotient up a couple notches too.

Oh, and that gun is off scale like you wouldn't believe.

2 comments:

Jon Tsuei said...

That gun is HUGE, but I think that makes the Punisher's expression that much better.

Missing boots? I see the Punisher treading through some water, I don't see any missing boots, hehe.

Michael said...

He wouldn't be the Punisher without a big gun.

Nothing screams "hide in the darkness waiting for my prey" like a giant white skull on your chest and white boots with white gloves.