“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, April 24, 2006

IRONMAN_90 minutes

Okay, this is somewhat of a cheat. It *did* take me 90 minutes to do this image - I just started on it a while back, worked on it little by little, and finally finished it up yesterday. Is it a cheat? Technically, I guess. But it still took 90 minutes total, right? Right? Maybe.

My point is, I just didn't want the blog to go another day without a new post. Gotta stay regimental and discpilined about posting, right? Or else I'll fall into a rut and not update at all and that wouldn't be any good. I mean, I'm still working on the images for my book - just did this piece in between. Yay!

2 comments:

Patrick Gray said...

ERIC!! I love this image, I remember seeing it in the early stages in san diego last summer, and just being completely wowed by your rendition of the chunky old iron man! Looks even better in the finished form.

Keep it up.

Patrick

Jon Tsuei said...

I always thought the older renditions of Ironman's suit had a lot of charm and fun. I think you definitely pull that off here and the smoke effect is simply amazing. It reminds me of a space shuttle taking off.