“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, April 13, 2006

GEN IPOD_90 minutes

I just recently got this iPod thingee and realized we've come to a point where even loading little flat discs that have music in them have become inconvenient. I mean, how much music must we have at our fingertips to warrant 30 gigs of space?!?

I thought that the gizmo was pretty much a waste of money and its features are one trick pony show. Until a friend of mine introduced me to 'podcasting'. Friends, I don't mind telling you now how wrong I was.

God bless the iPod.

Anyway, I found these archives from iTunes called Fanboy Radio and in one case they interviewed J. Scott Campbell for their show. He spoke for about an hour regading his past and present projects, his experiences when he first got started, current and previous influences, etc. - actually this interview had been done some time ago as he was still promoting the unreleased 'Danger Girl: Back In Black' comic - and it was nice to hear him be so candid about the things he's been associated with. One of those things being 'Gen 13'. I know this shows my true sign of geekness when I feel the need to download effin' comicbook creator interview content so I can listen to my favorite creators, but I don't really care. This thing is awesome. And yes, I am a geek.

Based on the picture (and that bit of commentary above) it's pretty obvious where I got the inspiration from, yeah? Enjoy.

2 comments:

Jon Tsuei said...

I like the attitude in Fairchild's body and facial expression. And Burnout (is that his name?) looks very cool. Freefall's hair looks kinda weird though, maybe it's the small image but she's kind of sporting a thundercats hair cut, hehe.

A very fun piece overall thats fits with the characters.

Scott LeMien said...

wow, someone referred me to your art--and wowziewowwow it's good. I wish I could learn the first thing about pushing action and perspective like you can--but you are an inspiration regardless of how many pieces of paper I crunch up in disgust!