“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN_90 minutes

Note to self: when I'm messing around with Blogger.com, know what the buttons do so that you don't accidentally press the one that allows '...only members of this blog' to post. That's what I did and a couple people brought it to my attention. So noted. Thanks for the heads-up, folks.

BTW, as a small (well, maybe not-so-small) aside: My long time, dear, dear friend Sam Liu - along with Brandon 'Big Time Director and that's why they pay me the Big Bucks' Vietti - won an Emmy for their hard work in directing 'The Batman' (which I had the distinct pleasure of doing storyboards for Sam in that second season) this past Saturday. I can't quite recall the exact category in which the show was nominated for but KUDOS! to both of them and the rest of The Batman crew for the well deserved validation of all their long hours and undying dedication to that show. Check out Brandon's page (blogbattery.blogspot.com) to see how sexy that statue looks.

Anyway, I made Capt. Nemo *HUGE*, man. And I should've made Hyde massive as hell.

10 comments:

Julia said...

a yes well sikhs do tend to be rather large in stature, warring nature and whatnot eh?

congratulations to all of you!

+o my previous posts are delicious as always. i especially like ironman, the inks on uv and process sketches are always a major +

BKO said...

Eric!,

Finally I can post a message to you and tell you that your work is AMAZING!!! I was racking my brain trying to find out " How to become a member of the Eric Canete fan club". I happened upon your blog through Norman Ryang's. I think I actually walked passed you at APE. You lost about 50 lbs and gave it to me. Had I known that svelt fellow was you I would have gabbed your ear off with salutation and praise and maybe gotten a bite to eat. Hope things are well and will continue to visit your blog daily!! Can we get bigger images of your work. Your attention to detail and the superb amount of work you put into your drawings gets lost with small images. Just me wanting more Canete!

ed said...

oh man. Alan Moore + Eric Canete = League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Volume 3.... I'd pay admission to that!

Donal said...

Man, you gotta start posting these as larger images. You know, when you click to enlarge them.

How's a cat supposed to oggle the lines when he rightclicksaves?

:D

Elaine said...

i think you trace these from someone else's work, they are too good ...cheater

:p

Jon Tsuei said...

Sounds like I'm not the only one that thinks you should provide larger images for us to drool over.

If I'm doing my math correctly, you have way more than seven fans. You're gonna have to up that number at the next con, hehe.

MANDREWS said...

Your stuff SO FUCKING ROCKS DUDE!!!!!!!! Sorry for the french but what can I say. IT SO ROCKS!!!!! Sweet stuff (as always) Can I hire you? Can't wait to see your comic. The pgs I saw at APE were brilliant.

keep it up.

You Inspire


Mandrews out

daveau82 said...

Hello there, I haven't seen your stuff before today, but I'd like to profess my immediate fandom. I'm so envious that you get to storyboard Batman. Those last 2 words make up my entire professional goal (well add "for Pixar" and we're set), and I'm so incredibly jealous that you do it so well. Please check out my blog when you have a chance, I'd love to hear your feedback. www.artofau.blogspot.com.

VivaGlam said...

Sam won an emmy?! Wow. He's officially a superstar now.

I think I know the problem about posting bigger images. Blogger always resizes them small no matter how big you upload them. If you have your own hosting you can just link them, I think.

Did that make sense? ^_^;;;

Augie said...

Hey, I can post now! Since I couldn't post here before, I replied in my comments section to your post. Thanks for checking out the blog. Love the latest posts. Glad you got the old school looking Iron Man in there. Also nice to hear that someone else has seen that Michael Zulli TMNT. It's so obscure, sometimes people don't believe me when I describe it to them. Anyway, can't wait to see future posts!